Wednesday, August 02, 2006

OOC: Level 75

Monday night in our static party I finally hit level 75. It's not quite the celebration I'd normally want since I'm still haunted by the shame of my underlevelled sub. But my weekend plan is to correct that, then I can show off my accomplishment to the world and stop hiding behind my /anon status.

It was also slightly amusing that my good friend Yobun had his Paladin finally hit 75 on the same day. It's amusing because Paladin was his main for most of the time we played, while White Mage is mine. We've been playing the game together since the NA release and he's passed me on several occasions with more jobs than I care to list. He stopped seriously working on his level 73 Paladin months ago and focused instead on Bard, Black Mage and Thief, getting them all to 75 first.

His initial "dream" though was to get Paladin all the way, much as mine was to get White Mage there too. It was kinda neat we both hit that goal on the same day. It was almost like coming full circle.

But it was more like finally completing a race that you've been lapped in multiple times, and crossing the finish line at the same time as the person who's been lapping you.

Either way though, I can't deny the coincidence or the coolness of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul Bauman said...

Congratulations on hitting 75, Wendell :)

3/8/06 14:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home