Monday, July 31, 2006

OOC: I keep forgetting I have a blog

A funny thought occurred to me the other day when I was thinking of leveling up Ninja to 37 so I could dual wield clubs. Ninja’s going to need a sub job, notably Warrior. Well, with my warrior currently at 12 I’ll need to bring it at least to 18. But then I might as well go up to 20, since having a job at 20 gives me some options with BCNM 20’s. But to level Warrior to 20, I’ll need an appropriate sub. Thief really isn’t appropriate at those levels according to popular belief so I’ll need to use Monk. Well, my Monk is only level 8, so I’ll have to bring it up to at least 9 (for WAR 18) but to 10 if I want WAR 20. The funny thought was how leveling Ninja for me became a three-step process, and how when I decide to start it and begin killing things as a Monk it won’t feel anything at all like I’m leveling Ninja even though it’s the first step.

Of course I’d eventually like to get all three of those jobs to 37 so I could sub them as White Mage (/MNK would be for role-playing reasons though, so it’s last on the list). That got me thinking about other jobs I want to bring up to 37. Like BLACK MAGE. Yes, my Black Mage is still 36. The last two times I’ve tried to level it I wasn’t able to find a party in the limited amount of time I had. I’m so ashamed that I’ve been running around /anon for a while now, denying the world the ability to marvel at my accomplishment of reaching level 74.

But what of my other plans? Well, Red Mage at 37 would give me two levels of Fast Cast for my WHM, which could prove more useful than most of my Black Mage spells. Though I won’t really know how useful Conserve MP is until I spend some time without it. Then there’s Summoner, another job I’d like to see at 37 to sub for White Mage. I can’t deny the awesome MP boost it’ll give me, plus if I did have it I’d be able to stop us from getting all those adds when we’re fighting spiders by carby-puling. Refresh is nothing to sneeze at either, so it’ll be useful all around. If I want to do end game shenanigans then having Dark Knight up to 37 is important, since they could require me to occasionally have to participate in stunning.

So now I’m up to Ninja, Summoner, Red Mage and Dark Knight “needing” to be at 37. Add Warrior at 20, Monk at 10, and while I’m at it why not Thief at 25 for flee? This is all easy to do of course. Why do I know that? Because I have people who play the game for hours a day, every day tell me that it’s easy and there’s no reason I can’t get it done in a fast manner. Those people make me so mad I could punch my computer screen just in the hope they’ll feel it. Of course it’d be “easy” if I could play several hours a day, every day. These people play the game more in a week than I could in a month. It also doesn’t help that I can’t just leave my character in a place and pick up right where I left off, since I have other commitments every week that mean I need to go back to town, change out again and have at it with my main job. As anyone with so much gear they need to have mules knows, this in itself can be no easy, quickly achieved task.

So I’ve been thinking of picking up Summoner, and making it my full time job instead of White Mage. Partly because that would be the easiest way to get it leveled up as a viable WHM subjob. Partly because I am fed up with the rush to 75. And partly because I know that any day now my link shell leader will decide to pick his White Mage back up, and this town ain’t big enough for two Galka White Mages. He’s already surpassed my club skill by skilling up with a Kracken club over the last two days. 70 levels. He gained 70 stinking levels in his club skill in 2 days with that thing. I’ve spent months getting 70 points in club by skilling up when I can. It took him a week, maybe two to get his white mage to 38. I think that took me about a year. And every night we static he manages to bring up the fact that we’re not gaining experience as fast as we should be, despite the fact that there’s nowhere else to go that’s any better for our group.

But this isn’t a rant about him, or my barely disguised jealousy. Come to think of it, I don’t really know what this was a rant about. I guess the page and a half rant I typed and deleted blew all my steam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home